Pages

Sunday 9 October 2011

WELCOME TO MANCHESTER

True to form, the reputedly wettest city in England greeted it's prodigal son with an afternoon of drizzle.

Testing my supposedly waterproof nike cross trainers, my cycling bed fellows for the last few days, I found they were not as effective as their claims stated. Suffice it to say, my rubberised overshoes will be the order of the day the next time it rains.

Forced to hit the pavement following the busy A56, I was shocked to find the condition was actually worse than the canal tow path I had followed - clearly the result of years of neglect. I sense a letter to the council....

Nothing too much more to add to this day, apart from the end of a dreary day's cycling through rain, leads me to a very grateful pitstop at Stevie Jax's

Next stop: Preston.

No comments:

Post a Comment