Pages

Sunday 2 October 2011

LEG 1

Ok, so it's been a while since my last post and for those that are genuinely interested, you may be wondering why.

And hopefully, this will not be my last post. Reason? Well, leg one has come to an end. Somewhat of a premature end, however, due to literally the end of one leg. Tendonitis to be more precise, setting in after day 5, to my right Achilles. Not painful particularly, however, more squeaking than a trapped mouse. 

I guess 45kg+ plus of bike and baggage, 75 miles and an 800 foot climb at the end of the day, probably had something to do with it.

So, I had no option but to hole up at St Briavels in Gloucestershire to recover and plan what to do next. Incidentally, not a bad spot to do so - weather, nature and castle all combined for the perfect respite - check out some of the pictures.

Meanwhile, back to the plan, instead of riding on for two more days, after some time to recover, I took a train up to Manchester, for the scheduled break to sort a few things out. All being well, I'll be going back to where I last left off to continue north this week coming.

So far, I've completed 5 of 20 days scheduled cycling and 300 miles. The big decision is do I continue keeping cost down by camping and hauling all that weight with me, or ditching it to hostel it at higher costs. Answers on a post card please...




No comments:

Post a Comment