Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

KENDAL MINT CAKE

After drying off from the previous day's cycle I set out into another morning in Preston greeted by more rain. Thankfully, by late morning the clouds held back allowing an afternoon ride in relatively dry if not still ominous conditions.

Stopping in Lancaster for the obligatory visit to the local bike shop, I was informed that tomorrow's leg would commence with a steep climb out of Kendal known as Shap Fells.

Filled with glee, I cycled on to the evening's stop over with Doug and Sheila Mitchell. Doug who turned out to be an ex pro cyclist provided a very interesting evening of conversation as well as superb hospitality.

Numerous tips were shared, including the need to massage your thighs to reduce the effect of lactic acid build up, as well the relative comfort of a carbon fibre saddle. I've applied the first, but I'll have to take Doug's word for the latter!


No comments:

Post a Comment