Pages

Saturday 15 October 2011

THE LAND THE SUN FORGOT - PART TWO

If you're ever offered shares in Shortish sunglasses company, walk away very quickly.

Now I'm getting to understand why one interpretation of 'kie' is a sun God, because it is largely invisible here to the naked eye.

Grey is the order of the day. Whisky is the last order of the night.

I think I'm going to need a good dose of the med after this trip to build up nth rapidly diminishing seratonin levels.

After a night in a very comfortable b&b in Sanquhar and a large cooked breakfast, I set off for what I knew would be a long cycle heading north west to Ardrossan for the ferry to Arran and the Yha at Lochranza.

Passing through rough towns with ruddy faced residents, this area it's not for the faint hearted.

Stoping long enough to grace, I kept a consistent pace and managed to board the ferry by mid afternoon. After an hour's crossing, I disembarked only to find a flat tear tyre. Completing a mobile repair, I was somewhat irritated to find the pressure deleting quickly after a short ride, forcing another change of tube to the remaining spare no. 2.

Keen to get to my destination, I peddled on and finally arrived 7pm, following a flat rear tyre before taking the gentle coastal road until hitting a considerable hill, brakes squeeling down a comfortable coast into the village.





No comments:

Post a Comment