Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

LEG 2 - ATTACK OF THE PROSTHETICS

Ok chums,
Welcome on board Pedal planet for round 2 of saddle hell. After some much needed r&r to sooth the ankle and the burning thighs, I'm now shipping out from Mancester, back down sarth for some more punishment.

However, this time, I'm hoping to make better, or at least less painful, progress, by shedding some weight. I've ditched the front two panniers and rack and am now travelling with two less than full rear panniers with a lighter one man tent and mini cooker'. I'm also taking a break from the SPD (clip in) shoes and will review. if I need to shed more weight, there's a couple of bivvi bag/tent options to consider. One cheap and extreme and the other more practcal, but, you guess it - an arm as well as a leg!

I'm also hoping to stay with a few kind people on route and hostels where affordable, to give me some respite from the rigours of camping.

Will train it to Lydney, Gloucestershire on 6th where I left off last time and hope to finish off near Leominster on 7th.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment