Pages

Saturday 15 October 2011

ROOM 101

After an early start to perform some much needed bike maintenance and a heart breakfast, I left the refurbished Lochranza yha and the friendly manager, Rob to catch the 9.30 Claonaig ferry to the mainland.

Narrowly avoiding returning the hearty breakfast to the rough sea, I survived the half an hour crossing by chatting to a biker from Dorset on the top deck in a stiff breeze.

Dodging the wash, I ran up the ramp onto the site and took advantage of a passenger shelter while I made some much needed changes to two sets if badly with brake blocks.

45 minutes later, I braved it back out into the elements of a very drizzly mid morning and set out for Oban. Aware the first thing would be to overcome a climb, I made sure I was well stretched and took out easy to effect a warm up.

The, climb over, the road took a mostly coastal path, a welcome flat run, allowing me to reminisce about Holland.

By early afternoon I had already reached my planned overnight stop at Lochgilphead. Wanting to gain a day's advantage, I pressed on for another 65 plus mile day. Looking forward to more flat coastal roads, turning off for Oban shortly after







No comments:

Post a Comment